Become a Member
The Lehigh Conference of Churches and its members enter into a membership covenant whereby the Conference provides these opportunities to members:
- To share in the social ministry of the Conference to people in need.
- To participate in the ecumenical ministry of the Conference.
- To volunteer at the Conference in hands-on ministry to people in need.
- To use the Conference as a referral agency for people in need and for ecumenical information.
- To join the Conference in advocacy around social justice issues of common interest such as legalized gambling, welfare reform, and poverty.
Members commit to:
- Affirmation of the LCC’s mission statement:
Responding to the call of Jesus Christ, the mission of the Lehigh County Conference of Churches is to unite communities of faith as ecumenical partners. Putting our faith into action, we minister to and advocate for those in need and encourage all to reach their full potential.
- A financial commitment to the Conference of a monetary and/or in-kind nature commensurate with the member’s ability to contribute.
- Participation in the social ministry of the Conference.
- Participation in the ecumenical ministry of the Conference.
- Designation of clergy and church member delegates.
- Service as a goodwill ambassador for the Conference by sharing with others all that the Conference has to offer.
- An annual presentation by the LCC at an event of the member church.
- Affirmation of the Lehigh County Conference of Churches Statement of Mission by the official board of the church.
- An annual financial commitment commensurate with the size and giving capability of the church.
- Completion of the Membership Request Form.
- Affirmation of the request by vote of the board of directors of the Lehigh Conference of Churches.
Please direct the completed Membership Request Form and supporting materials to:
The Lehigh Conference of Churches
457 W. Allen Street
Allentown, PA 18102