All Events › Systematic Behavior Screening & Intervention: The Value Proposition
- This event has passed.
Systematic Behavior Screening & Intervention: The Value Proposition
September 29, 2017 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
The Lehigh Conference of Churches in an effort to establish a partnership relationship with Lehigh Valley Health Network encourages our partners to participate in this event. This is a panel discussion for community leaders led by Dr. Richard Brown and representatives from LVHN and other agencies. Brown is the clinical director of the Wisconsin Initiative to Promote Healthy Lifestyles, a five-year project to enhance delivery of alcohol and drug screening, brief intervention, referral and treatment (SBIRT) services, and other behavioral prevention services, in primary care clinics throughout Wisconsin. Brown educates residents, students, and practitioners to promote policy changes that support SBIRT delivery throughout the state.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the prevalence and impacts of behavioral risks and disorders for Pennsylvania adults
- Discuss the impacts of behavioral risks and disorders on healthcare costs and quality performance
- Explain the process of behavioral screening and intervention (BSI) and how it can be administered
in busy healthcare settings
- Summarize the business case for BSI under various reimbursement mechanisms
Target audience: community/faith leaders; treatment program leaders; health systems & population health leaders
Through behavioral screening and intervention (BSI), patients are systematically screened for excessive drinking, drug use, depression, tobacco, diet, exercise, and obesity. read more
- Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest Campus
1200 S. Cedar Crest Boulevard
Allentown, PA 18103 United States + Google Map